Managing Your Business & Transactions
Conyers has been carefully monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Our priority has been implementing measures to protect the health of our staff, their families, our clients and business colleagues, while ensuring we continue to meet our clients’ needs and maintain uninterrupted service during this global pandemic.
Our People, Our Offices & Our Business
Please click here to read Conyers’ response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Understanding what Covid-19 means for your Business
Our priority is keeping you updated on the latest international business support in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. In addition, in these exceptional circumstances, there are practical challenges which you are likely to encounter in the handling of business transactions and the day to day running of your operations.
In the alerts below, we have set out guidance on matters relating to:
- Board and Shareholder Meetings
- Economic Substance Requirements
- Government and public offices and banks
- Execution of documents
- Certification and Notarising of Documents
These alerts are updated regularly. Please continue to visit this page to access the most up-to-date information.
- Bermuda Commercial Leases and COVID-19 (12 May 2020)
- Impact of COVID-19: Bermuda Employment Considerations (29 Apr 2020)
- The Fundamental Importance of Reliable Board Minutes (16 Apr 2020)
- Managing your Bermuda business and transactions during the COVID-19 pandemic (1 Apr 2020)
- Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority and Regulatory Authority – Important Changes Due to COVID-19 (1 Apr 2020)
British Virgin Islands
- Electronic Execution of Documents in the British Virgin Islands (15 Apr 2020)
- Options for BVI Hedge Funds Fearing a Rush of Redemptions in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic (8 Apr 2020)
- Managing Your BVI Business and Transactions During the COVID-19 Pandemic (2 Apr 2020)
- Update on the Operation of the BVI Corporate Registry (25 Mar 2020)
- BVI Commercial Court Holding Virtual Hearings Amidst Covid-19 Pandemic (23 Mar 2020)
- Captive Board Meetings in the Time of COVID (4 June 2020)
- Pandemics and Pursuing Principled Practice: Avoiding the Pitfalls in Troubled Times (15 May 2020)
- Managing Your Cayman Business and Transactions During the COVID-19 Pandemic (6 Apr 2020)
- Coronavirus: Directors in Crisis Mode (20 Mar 2020)
- Coronavirus: Performing under Pressure (18 Mar 2020)
- COVID-19: New Regulations to Protect the Cayman Islands (31 Mar 2020)
- COVID-19: Directors Need To Avoid Getting Caught Flat-Footed (24 Mar 2020)
- Suspending NAV, Gating and Options for Funds Fearing a Rush of Redemptions in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic (20 Mar 2020)
- COVID-19 and the Cayman Islands’ Insurance Sector (19 Mar 2020)
Disclaimer: These publications are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice or a legal opinion. They deal in broad terms and are intended to merely provide as a brief overview and give general information.