Christopher W.H. Bickley
Partner, Head of Hong Kong Office
Christopher Bickley is a Partner and Head of the Hong Kong office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Christopher joined Conyers in 1994.
His practice includes all aspects of corporate law with specialist expertise in corporate finance. Christopher is particularly experienced in initial public offerings and listings of shares of companies on the Main Board and the Growth Enterprise Market of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited, and stock exchanges in other jurisdictions including Australia, London, Singapore and NASDAQ. His experience extends to debt financings, schemes of arrangements, restructuring exercises, fund raising exercises and private equity investment. Christopher has also advised in a number of shareholder disputes and offshore contentious matters.
Christopher is the author of “Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands Company Law” by Thomson Reuters/Sweet & Maxwell Asia, now in its fourth edition.
Christopher is one of the top 10 outstanding lawyers on the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Offshore Client Choice List by Asian Legal Business.
- Southampton University, LLB (Hons), 1990
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2000
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 1997 (not currently practising)
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 1994
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1993 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2023 edition (and since 2012) of Chambers Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
- Recognised as a leading individual in the 2023 edition (and 2011 – 2013, 2015 – 2017 and since 2020) of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
- Recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in the 2022 edition (and recognised since 2014) of IFLR1000
- Recognised as “The A-List Top 50 Offshore Lawyers 2022” by Asia Business Law Journal
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2019) of Offshore Client Choice List Top 10 by Asian Legal Business
2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals & Transactions
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Winter 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law 2nd Ed 2019 (Sweet & Maxwell) – Contributing Editor
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Spring 2019
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law – (Sweet & Maxwell 2015) – Contributing Editor
Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands Company Law – (Sweet & Maxwell 2004, 2007, 2009)