Angela Atherden is Counsel in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Angela joined Conyers in 2005.
Angela’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including international asset finance with a focus on aviation finance.
Angela advises banks, airlines and leasing companies in connection with financing of commercial and private aircraft, aircraft portfolio securitizations, sale-leasebacks, pre-delivery payment and warehouse facilities and has worked on several of the most significant aircraft securitizations and financings in the market. She has advised on the formation and listing on the Bermuda Stock Exchange of numerous aircraft Special Purpose Vehicles.
She has an active general corporate practice, including advising on the Bermuda law and regulatory aspects of acquisitions, continuations, amalgamations and reorganisations for both local and exempted companies and the establishment and regulation of companies limited by guarantee.
Angela is the co-author of the Bermuda chapter of Aircraft Finance (Sweet & Maxwell) 2018.
- Provided Bermuda law advice to START Ltd and START Holding Ltd on a US$700 million asset backed securitisation
- Provided Bermuda law advice to MAPS 2018-1 Limited in respect of Merx Aviation’s US$506.5 million inaugural aviation asset backed securitisation
- Provided Bermuda law advice to Einn Volant Aircraft Leasing Holdings Limited. on a US$2 billion global aircraft financing platform
- Provided Bermuda law advice to Avolon on its US$3 billion and US$1.25 billion Senior Notes Offerings
- Provided Bermuda law advice on Avolon’s US$10.38 billion acquisition of CIT Aerospace
- Advised Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation on its US$5.4 billion restructuring
- Advised Element Financial Corp on its US$1.21 billion ECAF I Ltd. asset backed securitization of 49 aircraft
- Provided Bermuda law advice to Turbine Engines Securitization Ltd. on US$362.5 million asset-backed securitization
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, LPC, 2003
- University of Buckingham, LLB, 2002
- Saint Mary’s University, Bachelor of Commerce, 2000
- Bermuda, Barrister and Attorney, 2006