Audrey M. Robertson is a Partner in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands.
Audrey’s practice covers general corporate and commercial matters with particular focus on public offerings and joint ventures. She has extensive experience in a wide variety of international asset finance and corporate transactions. Audrey has particular expertise in financings involving aircraft, including aircraft acquisitions and dispositions, sale and leasebacks and pre-delivery payment and warehouse facilities. Audrey advises leading financial institutions, leasing companies, development agencies and companies.
Audrey is recognised in a number of international legal directories, including Chambers Global, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, Legal Media Group Expert Guides – Aviation and Women in Business Law for her corporate and commercial and aviation law expertise.
- Advised AquaVenture on their US$134.6 million IPO restructuring and listing on the NYSE.
- Advised Citadel Capital on the Egyptian Refining Company (Takrir)’s US$3.7 billion Greenfield financing, the largest-ever project finance transaction in Africa and among the largest-ever inward investments in Egypt. The transaction was named IFLR’s Middle East Project Finance Deal of the Year.
- Advised Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading global provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, on its initial US$270 million public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the multi-jurisdictional financing of a world renowned resort.
- Partner, Asset Finance, Hammonds LLP, London
- Leeds Metropolitan University, 1987
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2006
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1990 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized in the 2022 edition of IFLR1000 Women’s Leaders
- Recognised in the 2022 edition (and since 2015) of Chambers Global (corporate and finance)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2011) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2018) of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and 2019) of Legal 500 Caribbean (investment funds)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2016) of IFLR1000 (investment funds, financial and corporate)
- Recognisd in the 2017 edition (and 2016) of Women in Business Law (aviation)
- Recognised in the 2016 edition (and since 2013) of Who’s Who Legal (aviation)
- Recisgned in the 2017 edition (and since 2015) of Legal Media Groups’ Expert Guides (aviation)
- Law Society of England and Wales
Chambers Global Guide, Project Finance 2020 – British Virgin Islands
Aviation, Lexology Navigator, March 2018
The BVI for Financing of Corporate and Private Aircraft, Business BVI, August 2015
BVI Companies for Initial Public Offerings, BVI Finance, February 2014
Shipping and the British Virgin Islands, BVI Finance, May 2013
Why the BVI? BVI Finance, January 2013
Roundtable: Aviation 2013, The International Who’s Who of Aviation Lawyers, December 2012