Elizabeth Blankendal is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Bermuda office. She joined Conyers in 2017.
Elizabeth’s practice includes all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with particular experience in corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and advising on Bermuda law aspects of transactions for both local and exempted companies. She also advises on insurance regulatory and transactional matters including new insurance incorporations, and is a member of the firm’s growing Fintech group.
- Advised Digicel Holdings (Bermuda) Limited (“Holdings”) and Digicel International Finance Limited (“DIFL”) in connection with the offering by Holdings and DIFL of an aggregate of US$600 million of 8.750% senior secured notes due 2024.
- Advised START II Ltd and START Holding II Ltd in connection with its US$597 million asset back securitization.
- Advised on the Bermuda law aspects of CAL Funding III Limited (“CAL Funding III”), an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of NYSE listed CAI International, Inc., issued on 19 September 2018. The offering consisted of US$331.5 million of 4.34% Series 2018-2 Fixed Rate Asset-Backed Notes, Class A (“Series 2018-2 Notes Class A”) and US$12 million of 5.22% Series 2018-2 Fixed Rate Asset-Backed Notes, Class B (“Series 2018-2 Notes Class B”).
- Provided Bermuda legal advice to Digicel Group on its Exchange Offer in connection with its US$3 billion debt restructuring.
- Advised Seadrill Group on its restructuring and emergence from Chapter 11, including the issuance of US$880 million of secured notes and 100 million common shares and the listing thereof on the NYSE.
- BPP University, Legal Practice Course, 2017
- University of Bristol, LLB (Hons), 2016
- Bermuda, Barrister and Attorney, 2018