Richard Fear is a Partner in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. His practice covers a broad range of corporate and finance transactions.
Richard’s particular focus is on corporate finance, M&A, debt and equity issues, private equity portfolio transactions, stock exchange listings and corporate reorganisations. His clients include multinational banks, corporate groups and investment managers.
Richard has been practising Cayman Islands law for more than 15 years and the laws of Bermuda and the British Virgin Islands for 7 years. He brings a commercial approach to transactions, having previously been managing director of the Cayman subsidiary of a London merchant bank and practised as a chartered accountant at a big four firm.
- Advised Compañía Española de Petróleos (CEPSA) on its C$2.3 billion acquisition by merger of Coastal Energy Company.
- Advised TDR Capital and Stonegate Pub Company on the issue of ₤400 million Senior Secured Notes due 2019.
- Advised Arsenal Capital Partners on the combination of Chromaflo Technologies with the colorants business of CPS Color Group.
- Advised Central European Media Enterprises Ltd on the issue of $340 million senior secured notes due 2017 and 71 million share warrants.
- Advised Exar Corporation on the acquisition by tender offer and merger of Integrated Memory Logic.
- Counsel, Conyers Dill & Pearman, London
- Partner, Charles Adams Ritchie & Duckworth, Cayman Islands
- Managing Director, Morgan Grenfell, Cayman Islands
- Senior Manager, Price Waterhouse, London
- University of Cambridge, LLM, 1997
- University of Liverpool, LLB, 1995
- University of Exeter, BSc, 1975
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2010
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2009 (not currently practising)
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2007
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 1998
- England & Wales, Barrister, 1998 (not currently practising)