Conyers has been carefully monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Our priority has been implementing measures to protect the health of our staff, their families, our clients and business colleagues, while ensuring we continue to meet our clients’ needs and maintain uninterrupted service during this global pandemic.
We have activated our business continuity planning strategies and we are fully prepared to carry on meeting our clients’ needs around the globe, barring any external interruptions which are out of our control. While all our offices remain open and functioning at present, we have implemented remote working plans in order to maintain social distancing protocols and limit the spread of the virus to protect us all.
- We have restricted business travel and are monitoring all travel by our staff.
- We have adopted measures regarding any staff who feel ill or may be at increased risk.
- We have increased the cleaning of contact surfaces in our premises, provided hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, and promoted measures such as hand-washing that are known to reduce risks of transmission.
- Our offices in Asia have already been through the initial response cycle to the virus, during which time many of our staff worked remotely with no interruption to client service. Most Hong Kong and Singapore staff are now back at work, with appropriate modifications to ensure their continued health and safety. We are now applying our Asia experience to our offices in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, BVI and London.
- Our technology systems are robust and we have carried out preparations and testing to ensure that our lawyers, client services managers and support functions can provide seamless service while working remotely during this pandemic period, however long that may be.
- We are holding client and other meetings by audio or video conferencing.
If you have any questions on how COVID-19 may affect your business, for example if you have a board meeting scheduled in one of our jurisdictions, please reach out to your usual Conyers contact for advice.
You may be assured that we are focused on delivering our usual high quality service to clients, as we have at other critical times. We will continue to monitor the situation and update you as necessary.
Wishing you all good health,
Director and Chairman