Judith Roche is a Senior Associate in the Bermuda Dispute Resolution & Insolvency practice, with experience in commercial litigation. Judith has a particular focus on large-scale fraud disputes and also advises and acts for trustees in contentious trust matters.
Judith has acted for various investment funds and high-net-worth individuals in a range of large-scale commercial litigation matters. She has also acted in a number of high-value trust matters in Bermuda on behalf of trustees.
Judith is recognised as a Next Generation Partner in the Legal 500 Caribbean 2024.
- Acting on behalf of onshore Thema International Fund plc against a HSBC entity seeking the recovery of over $1bn, again arising out of the Madoff fraud
- Acting for offshore investment funds Hermes International Fund Limited and Thema Fund Ltd. in proceedings against various HSBC entities in Bermuda arising out of the Madoff fraud
- Assisting Irish Senior Counsel in the Irish trial of the proceedings instituted by Defender Limited against a HSBC entity in connection with the Madoff fraud
- Acting on behalf of Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay in Irish proceedings relating to the purchase of loans from the Special Liquidators of IBRC (Irish Bank Resolution Corporation)
- Acting for the former Premier of Georgia and his family in an insurance-related claim against a Credit Suisse entity in Bermuda for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence and breach of common law duties
- Acting for beneficiaries and trustees in significant contentious trust disputes in Bermuda
- Senior Associate (Litigation) at Hurrion & Associates Ltd in Bermuda
- Associate (Litigation) at William Fry Solicitors, Dublin, Ireland
- LLB Law and European Studies, University of Limerick, Ireland (2005) (First Class Honours)
- Called to the Bermuda Bar in 2017
- Admitted to Role of Solicitors in Northern Ireland (2014) (not practicing)
- Admitted to Role of Solicitors in the Republic of Ireland (2010) (not practicing)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2024 (and 2023) edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (dispute resolution)
- Student Member, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)