Paul Lim is a Partner in the Corporate department of Conyers in Hong Kong. Paul joined Conyers in 2007.
Paul’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, banking and syndicated financing work, debt capital markets, M&A work, mortgage backed securities transactions, MTN Programmes, Exchange Offers, Tender Offers, Consent Solicitations, corporate restructuring and liability management exercises, including pre-IPO equity and debt financings, initial public offerings of shares in the Hong Kong, London, Toronto and the U.S. exchanges involving Cayman Islands, Bermuda and British Virgin Islands offshore companies.
He has been involved in a number of significant debt capital markets transactions. These transactions have involved Cayman Islands, Bermuda and the British Virgin Islands property infrastructure companies listed on the Hong Kong exchange, including PRC utility and energy State Owned Enterprises.
- Provided Cayman law advice to Yuzhou Properties Company Limited, a leading Fujian-based property developer on the issuance of US$250 million 9.00% senior notes due in 2019.
- Frequently advises Agile Property Holdings Limited on the debt issuance of high yield senior notes, convertible debt and perpetual bond issues, including tender offers and consent solicitations as well as syndicated financing transactions.
- Advised on a number of finance transactions with specialist expertise in debt issuance. Clients have included China Aoyuan Property Group Limited, YY Inc., KWG Property Holding Company, Yuzhou Properties Company Limited, Shangri-La and Kerry Properties.
- Acted on behalf of banks in connection with mortgage backed securities transactions.
- Head Counsel, International and Special Projects, MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems
- Head Counsel, Group Corporate, ASTRO All Asia Networks plc.
- University of Buckingham, LLB, 1986
- Kingston University, B.A. Accounting & Finance, 1983
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2015
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2007
- Malaysia, Advocate & Solicitor, 1998
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1991 (not currently practising)
- England & Wales, Barrister at Law, 1987
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2022 edition of Offshore Client Choice List by Asian Legal Business
- Recognised in the 2016 edition of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Bahasa Malaysia
2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals & Transactions
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Winter 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Spring 2019
Co-author “Investments through IFC Companies into the People’s Republic of China” IFC Review (2012)